Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Social Media Meltdown - When is it too much? Social Media Eye Care 101

I have been in the Vision Care field for over 20 years now. I started out grinding lenses at the age of 13 in a small optical lab in Philly. From there I went on to dispensing and then managing a retail store. After College I worked for Hoya Vision Care and then led a test market for a start up called iZon. So what I'm saying is I know the industry pretty well.

I now own a Social Media Marketing Company called SocialEyes. We do everything from Fan base building, Social Media Advertising, SEO, email marketing to Web Design. I received a phone call today from a Client of mine saying that one of his patients told him he received 4 emails from the Doctor's office within an hour. Ooops! I was building their following on twitter by uploading a database of contacts to it. It seemed like it wasn't working so I kept hitting send. Yikes!

So what I am saying is yes there is a point when it can be overkill. On the other hand I received a pleasant email today from one of my clients saying SocialEyes' services boosted him to the top of google and the "like station" is a hit!

The moral of the story is, add yourself to the contact list and check your email to see if it worked before blasting 2500 people 4 times in an hour. Never give up SocialEyesing though it is the key to a bigger, better, more profitable practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts